View Full Version : CT-100 part needed

ohohyodafarted
07-16-2008, 12:18 PM
If anyone out there has a CT-100 spare chassis I am looking for the cage cover that goes over the selenium rectifiers. If you have one that you could part with, please PM me. I need a cage cover for one of my sets.

Thanks,
Bob G.

Steve McVoy
07-16-2008, 07:34 PM
Hi Bob,

This cover seems to be missing on most CT-100s. Perhaps John Horvath could make a replica? He made the covers for the 621.

If you'd be willing to see what he can do, I'd be willing to contact all the CT-100 owners to see who needs them.

kx250rider
07-17-2008, 10:51 AM
Hi Bob,

This cover seems to be missing on most CT-100s. Perhaps John Horvath could make a replica? He made the covers for the 621.

If you'd be willing to see what he can do, I'd be willing to contact all the CT-100 owners to see who needs them.

Of the 5 or 6 CT-100s that have passed through my hands, most were missing that cover. In fact, I think the one I have now is missing it.

Charles

ohohyodafarted
07-17-2008, 07:50 PM
I didn't realize that so many of the sets were missing that cover. I have one on the set I got from Pete D. to use as an example and sheets of perferated metal is available from McMaster Carr that are the same hole pattern as would be required.

The part is fairly simple and I could easily duplicate it with perforated metal, however it would not be an exact duplicate because the entire part would be entirely perforated metal and the original is a combination of perforated and solid areas.

How do I get hold of John Horvath to see what this might cost to have some made up that are just like the originals.

Bob G.

Steve McVoy
07-18-2008, 08:42 AM
Hi Bob,

I went ahead and contacted John. He says he can have them made. Here is a link to his page with metal parts he's had made before:

http://www.amptechsystems.com/items_for_sale.htm

I think he can make one that is an exact duplicate.

Next step is getting him a sample from which to get an estimate. I'm in Colorado now and can't send one for a month, but perhaps there is someone out there who could send one?

The model 5 uses the same cover, and I think the 21CT55 may be the same.

John Folsom
07-18-2008, 01:32 PM
I have one I would be happy to loan so replicas could be made.

zenith2134
07-18-2008, 01:49 PM
It stands to reason that there is an old abandoned warehouse somewhere in this great land, with boxes and boxes of NOS covers, along with who knows what else.

My mission is to find that someday. :D

Steve D.
07-18-2008, 10:17 PM
I have one I would be happy to loan so replicas could be made.

John,

If possible, could you post a picture of the cover in question?

Thanks,
-Steve D.

John Folsom
07-19-2008, 09:41 AM
Steve D, here it is. I think Bob has found one he can use as a model.

Steve D.
07-19-2008, 03:29 PM
Steve D, here it is. I think Bob has found one he can use as a model.

John,

Thanks so much for posting the photo and varifying what it looks like. It's been so long since I viewed the chassis of my CT-100, I wasn't sure if the cover was there or not. Happy to say it is.

-Steve D.

John Folsom
07-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Steve D, sounds like you need to do a little remedial bonding with you CT100! :-)