View Full Version : Zenith Flashmatic on ebay!

polaraman
04-16-2004, 05:41 PM
Warren Mich. $95.00 and it is yours! Captainmoody?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3638&item=3287507669&rd=1

polaraman

Tubejunke
04-17-2004, 12:15 AM
I wonder what the small unit off to the left side of the main chassis is. Maybe UHF? From the front this thing looks like the Space Command I have pulled my hair out trying to get working. I was surprised to see the chassis is completely different. I had been thinking that Zenith used nearly the same chassis in most consoles of the late fifties. Guess not.

captainmoody
04-28-2004, 05:32 PM
The guy that had it for sale is a garbage picker that used to sell stuff to me until I got tired of his high prices and " I can get more for it at the flea market" responses!
I taught him about ebay and what sells as far as old electronics,
Once he understood the game everything became expensive. (Foolish me) Plus he never paid me for repairs! I would fix the computers and newer televisions he brought by to resell at his stand. A real selfish cheapo...

Tubejunke
04-29-2004, 12:41 AM
:butt1: :butt2: :banana: :smsex: :smsex: HIM!!!!!

captainmoody
04-29-2004, 08:01 AM
He still owes me for the repar of three PIII 500mhz Dell computers he trashpicked at a bin behind a Doctor's office, I had to replace the missing 10 gig hard drives on them and install an os.
Then a couple of RCA sets with the usual tuner ground issues.
Figure the cost at around 100 bucks for everything.
When I tried to get a set that he found, He would say, "It's not that good you wouldn't like it. I'm just going to sell it on ebay"
Actually now it is worth him owing me the money as it keeps him away! Money well spent in my opinion.

rca2000
04-29-2004, 09:31 AM
However, if you have done favors for him, he should pay you for them, or at least return the favor. After all, one good turn deserves another!

heathkit tv
04-29-2004, 09:56 AM
I've had some problem children customers that short of telling them straight out that I didn't want to do business with them (have actually done that a couple of times) that I've found by quoting them some insane price for an estimate would usually get rid of them......I know they walked away muttering how I must be crazy for wanting so much money......all the while never having a clue as to why I quoted such a price!

Anthony

captainmoody
04-29-2004, 12:17 PM
Whenever I post an ad for old color sets it brings out a bunch of professional (and some not so professional!) pickers as they are the ones that see them the most.
There is one husband and wife team that I have gotten sets off of for 15 years now and they are good honest people.
I just get sick of the dufuses like this guy that are all take and no give.