View Full Version : Scored an Olympic and a Philco

truetone36
06-27-2008, 06:52 PM
I went browsing through the local junk shops yesterday. At one shop there is a large shed in back that's full of stuff that they sell really cheap. I was in this shed and found an old t.v. in the corner. I talked to the owner and $15 later I was the proud owner of an Olympic model C21BC15. 2 blocks up the street, in another shop I found a CRT and chassis from a combo. The store owner had gutted a Philco combo and was selling the cabinet as an entertainment center. He had carefully removed the components, so I ended up buying them for $5. I'll end up getting the cabinet eventually as this shop doesn't get a lot of business and the owner will soon be willing to make a deal. This set is a Philco 50-T-1479 radio/phono/t.v. combo. Not a bad day if I say so myself.

radio63
06-27-2008, 08:23 PM
Sounds like a good haul! That's great you got the Philco componenets and that the man did not destroy them as he removed them. Sounds like if you can get the cabinet, you can put that Philco back together again! That's great! :banana:

Gilbert

Dan Starnes
06-28-2008, 04:51 PM
You had a good day!!
Dan

Sandy G
06-28-2008, 05:06 PM
Ah HATE You !-Yosemite Sam... (grin) So do I, but EXCELLENT scores !!