View Full Version : Can someone save this set, it's free

Richard D
03-27-2004, 12:51 PM
I came across a Fisher console tv model HT850 that has the smoked glass cover on top that covers all the controls for the stereo and tv and even a storage area for the remote, included. On the back it says Micro color Tune, Wide Surround, Made in the USA with parts from Japan. It is in the Miami area and I talked the owner into keeping it in her garage for at least the next two weeks. I did not have a camera with me but it looks to be in very good shape cosmetically. Set is in working condition. I wish I could find some room for it, I know it's not a Zenith or RCA but I still hate to see it go to the crusher.:worried:
Richard.

Richard D
03-31-2004, 04:47 PM
Can someone tell me who made this set for Fisher? I really wish I could make room for it, if it gets pitched I will have nightmares for weeks. If no one wants it I was even thinking about renting one of those small public storage places.:dunno:

captainmoody
03-31-2004, 05:40 PM
Rent a storage place and indulge yourself!
I will personally help you get your collection going the right way with some LARGE consoles!
I just gave away what sounds like that exact same model. Mine was made by Sanyo, A real nice quality set.
Seriously, If you can arrange some transportation I can get about 6 your way.

Richard D
03-31-2004, 09:18 PM
I am going to look into it, there is a brand new one opening soon close to my home that is fully air conditioned and humidity controlled. Which in south Florida is VERY nice. Plus I think they will have grand opening rental specials. Thank You for your very kind offer, I will keep you posted.
Richard

kc8adu
04-01-2004, 08:06 AM
all the fisher sets i have seen were built by sanyo.

Richard D
04-07-2004, 04:57 PM
Although they offer good rates for the first three months you have to sign a yearly contract and with my unemployed situation right now and the headhunter firms telling me I would probably have to move if I want to stay in the avionics business and I was born in Miami and all my family lives down here I am going to have to hold off for awhile before signing any long term contracts. Thank You for your kind offer to help me get my collection started.
Richard:(