View Full Version : Old Motorola color TV free in Mpls.

gary k.
05-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Hi -
Saw this posting on a local Free Items website. I inquired and was told that the model number was D23CK304AF-1. Don't know how old it is but it's a rectangular screen. Post is below:

VERY EARLY MODEL COLOR TV (NON-WORKING)
Available: Motorola Color TV from the 60's I think. Exterior is in excellent shape. Has a nice wood cabinet. But I can't get an image on the screen. Maybe someone can fix, or use for the cabinet. I can help load into your vehicle. Call or email to set up time (Item #166009)
Posted: Apr 29, 2008 10:22 PM
City: Minneapolis County: HENNEPIN
email: antonptak@gmail.com
Click here to have Free Market staff review this listing.

bgadow
05-03-2008, 10:01 PM
It took some searching through the Sams index...finally found a listing for 23CK2304AF-1 which is pretty darn close. The file is 795-3 which was published in '66. This is worth someone pursuing.

drh4683
05-04-2008, 11:04 AM
This might be the motorola Ive been searching for. Bryan, is there a photo of this set in the photofact? The one Im looking for is the cheaper model with the two large round VHF and UHF tuner knobs. The cabinet has sliding doors that retract back into the cabinet.
This is the first color set my grandparents had and Ive been wanting to find one for most of my collecting years. My dad claims it was a family christmas present in 1966. Nobody knows what happend to the TV. Both of my grandparents have passed on so the history is lost. All I know is that my grandfather bought the set as a surprize gift and grandma wasn't too happy with him for doing that. All the kids where thrilled tough! Ive got about a million photos from my dads side and only one photo of this TV and you can only see the upper half of it. It was in a corner, so you really wouldnt ever get a good photo of the set from how it was placed in the home unless someone just happend to be standing in front of the set like my great grandfather was in that particular and only photo.

bgadow
05-04-2008, 10:19 PM
I just checked but I am missing the 795 folder. I just brought home another truckload of Sams on Friday but they are too disorganized right now to do a quick search.

old_tv_nut
05-05-2008, 07:41 PM
Shouldn't this go in the rectangular and solid state forum?