View Full Version : Early Television Convention live on the internet

Steve McVoy
05-01-2008, 06:15 AM
For those of you not able to attend, the 2008 Early Television Convention will be telecast live on the internet this Saturday from 10 AM to 5 PM Eastern Standard Time. There will be a link on www.earlytelevision.org to allow you access.

Dave A
05-01-2008, 07:04 AM
Perfect Steve! Work will keep me home but still some time to catch the action. Next year...two way!

Dave A

Phil Nelson
05-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Great news. That's one of my favorite events, but I'm not able to attend this year.

Phil Nelson

John Marinello
05-01-2008, 01:51 PM
Hey everyone,

I saw a sneak preview of the video Bob (Yoda) filmed while at Hawk Eye picture tube.

The video is titled: The Craft Of Picture Tube Rebuilding....A Pilgrimage to Hawk Eye Picture Tube Mfg.

This is a MUST SEE!! Bob really did a fantastic job on this video, I know he spend a lot of hours on it, and it shows! Very professional!

Video details every facet of the rebuild process, from start to finish.

This video will be played as an endless loop at the convention, and will be made available there as well. So, those of you headed to the convention,
Bob will be there, come meet him & shake his hand. Maybe he'll even autograph a copy for you!

matt_s78mn
05-01-2008, 02:00 PM
For those of us unable to attend the convention, will the DVD be available for purchase at some point in time?

radotvguy
05-02-2008, 07:20 AM
wish i could make it , however its too long of a drive

Phil Nelson
05-04-2008, 02:35 PM
That was fun! A big thank-you to Steve and his helpers for arranging the webcast. I live in Washington state and couldn't schedule an Ohio visit this year.

I treated it as an "Early TV Superbowl." You got your Barcalounger, your snack trays, your torn T-shirt and bare feet, and entertainment. If you're watching on a wireless laptop, you can check your email during breaks without even getting up.

Now that you've mastered the easy bits, imagine what you could do in future conventions. Covering more of what actually happens there -- roving cameras interviewing the regulars a la Jay Leno, eavesdropping on conversations, kibitzing during the auction, etc.

"ETF Reality TV!"

:-)

Phil Nelson

Eric H
05-04-2008, 05:46 PM
Dang it, I missed it! :sigh:
Is there a recording of it that can be seen somewhere?

Phil Nelson
05-04-2008, 08:55 PM
During bits of the webcast, I saw fleeting VCR symbols on the screen, so somebody must have been recording something.

I assume this was an early experiment, probably not intended as a professional video production.

Don't feel too ashamed about missing it. I blanked out about the 3-hour time zone difference between WA and OH, and thus missed part of it. Should have set my alarm clock!

Phil Nelson

Dave S
05-05-2008, 11:30 PM
Dang it, I missed it! :sigh:
Is there a recording of it that can be seen somewhere?

The webcast was archived. Parts of it will be available soon on the Early Television website and yes, the entire Convention was recorded so DVDs will be available eventually.

--Dave Sica