View Full Version : 80's TV ad from Japan

Captain Video
05-01-2008, 02:15 AM
Hehehehe... just take a look... now, this one is simply great, because it combines two of my passions: Television and Star Wars.

But, how George Lucas accepted to subject himself to THAT I will never know. Boy, George Lucas is not exactly the kind of guy you would think as someone in "desperate need for money" .

Guess the guy just have a lot of a sense of humor:

mr_fixer
05-01-2008, 12:34 PM
I think there is a site called Japander dot com etc. It lists stars and famous people who have appeared in Japanese commercials for obscene amounts of money. I think most get around $1 million per commercial. real easy money for a small amount of work. I think most justify it as no one back home will ever see their work in Japan. Logan

Captain Video
05-01-2008, 10:21 PM
"I think most justify it as no one back home will ever see their work in Japan."

Yea, because it's really embarrassing...

But Master Yoda got more lucky in his occasion to pose for Panasonic:D:

Sandy G
05-02-2008, 06:08 AM
Shit, for a million bucks, I'd fire rockets outta my butt if that's what they wanted...Let the "Yellow Swine"-as Inspector Clouseau would put it- laff at me all they want...I'M the one w/the million bux !

mr_fixer
05-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Hey Sandy you might be too late. I think i might have seen that on Super human coliseum, a Japanese TV show here is a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FRVOfp8PzM

Captain Video
05-02-2008, 05:07 PM
How very disgusting.

Kiwick
05-02-2008, 05:11 PM
nice ad but IMHO not-so-nice TVset, i HATE late 80s and 90s Panasonic BPC sets, at least the ones made for the European market, they're very complex and full of critical custom designed unobtanium parts, they're a pain to fix and they do bounce back in the shop... i won't ever miss fixing them, apart maybe for some nice speakers i got out of them when i finally hopped them in the dumpster.