View Full Version : Update on Space Command (still no luck)

Tubejunke
03-13-2004, 12:17 AM
Well, by now I have changed nearly every cap in this set. There are a couple of sections of a can hooked up but they check out great with the ohm meter "kick" test. There is one black beauty left and one of those molded mica jobs with the dots but they are in the horiz. section which seems to work fine. I also changed several resistors out of tolerance. I know of a big 2 watt job that needs replacing but I havent got one yet. With all this work I have really only seen one improvement in the fact that my vertical sweep is now around 2 inches in height. Its been a bit of a letdown because one would expect to see changes in performance as bad components are replaced. I think my next move is going to be the resistor and the 80mfd power supply capacitor. Someone posted and said that if a hum in the sound was volume control adjustable, then it would not be caused by a power supply filter. I dont really see evidence of a low voltage problem as the set has a good bright raster that does not bloom. At least all 2 inches are bright! I still have no audio or video signal either. I try to look on the bright side and hope that I will replace one of the few known old components left in this set one day and it will play on for years. Hell it will be new again!!