View Full Version : Need tool for adjusting dynamic convergence

joeseattle70
03-29-2008, 10:47 AM
Does anyone know where to get a plastic type allen wrench for adjusting convergence? The 9 other dials to adjust are adjustable by hand, the 3 on the right need an allen wrench to adjust, and being that mine are metal, I have to unplug set, adjust a bit, then turn on to see the effect...nobody I've spoken with so far knows where to find such a plastic tool...any ideas? Thank you!

kx250rider
03-29-2008, 11:10 AM
Just get a set of "diddle sticks" (AKA Alignment Tools Kit). Radio Shack used to have them, but I have the feeling that they no longer do. Frys does, and any REAL Electronics supply show has them. Don't try to use a small screwdriver, even plastic... And any metal tool will mess with the induction of the coil and make it impossible to adjust. Also it's easy to shatter the ferrite core in the coils!

Charles

radiotvnut
03-29-2008, 11:13 AM
Some electronic parts stores sell a set of alignment tools for adjusting different types of coils. If you can't find a set locally, try www.tubesandmore.com or www.radiodaze.com. Forget using metal tools on these coils. Even if you did it with the set on, the metal tool would probably effect the inductance of the coil to the point where it would be near impossible to get the adjustment correct.