View Full Version : Recycled TVs in Atlanta area

hposter
03-29-2008, 09:17 AM
Just heard from someone that organizes recycle days in the Atlanta area. She'd like to find someone locally, that would take All of the TVs that are brought in.

Maybe you could take them, sort through, and have some goodies left over...oh, yeah, and if you find some nice 1960s wide consoles or ugly Zenith metal tabel tops, that are beyond electrical restoration...think of me :D

'My name is Melissa DeBois and I work with Federal Recyclers. We put on recycling days for schools, during these recycle days we get in 20-30 TVs of all ages and sizes. Would you be willing to travel to Atlanta and pick them up? I can be reached at 678 654 3064 or email me back.'

Good Luck! Harry Poster

bgadow
03-29-2008, 10:07 PM
Very encouraging that they are asking. It is important that the 28 out of the 30 that will be junk black box sets don't get disposed of improperly.

Our local tri-county recycling day is coming up in April. I need to get in touch with the coordinator. Perhaps there is hope?

fsjonsey
03-29-2008, 10:22 PM
Just heard from someone that organizes recycle days in the Atlanta area. She'd like to find someone locally, that would take All of the TVs that are brought in.

Maybe you could take them, sort through, and have some goodies left over...oh, yeah, and if you find some nice 1960s wide consoles or ugly Zenith metal tabel tops, that are beyond electrical restoration...think of me :D

'My name is Melissa DeBois and I work with Federal Recyclers. We put on recycling days for schools, during these recycle days we get in 20-30 TVs of all ages and sizes. Would you be willing to travel to Atlanta and pick them up? I can be reached at 678 654 3064 or email me back.'

Good Luck! Harry Poster

That's encouraging. Our local recycle day treats the electronics as if they were made of biohazardous medical waste or something.