View Full Version : Movie Premier at ETF Convention

ohohyodafarted
03-21-2008, 04:34 PM
In February I spent two and a half days at HawkEye Picture tube in Des Moines, Ia video taping Scott Avitt, as he worked his craft, rebuilding picture tubes. I captured 4 hours of raw, unrehersed video and have spent the last month editing and placing the final touches on the production. It is now finished and ready for prime time.

The documentry is entitled "The Craft Of Picture Tube Rebuilding... A Pilgrimage to HawkEye Picture Tube Mfg." The final edit has a run time of 1 hour 49 minutes.

This movie will be seen for the first time at it's premier at this years Early Television Foundation, convention in Hilliard, OH. May 2,3,4

If you have ever wondered how the process of picture tube rebuilding works, here's your chance to see Scotty work is magic first hand.

This will be my first year to attend the ETF convention, and I am excited about going. I hope to see many of you there.

Bob Galanter

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=83758&stc=1&d=1206135002

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=83759&stc=1&d=1206134993

dreyfoos
03-21-2008, 09:11 PM
Bob, this will also be my first time at the ETF Convention and I look forward to seeing you and all the other hopelessly addicted there.

Congratulations to you and Scotty for getting that video in the can and ready for the big premiere. We owe it to future generations to contribute - to preserve - what we can.

And to the rest of you - don't be so quick to dump the duds. Even if the phosphor's been blown or has a burn the size of Texas.

Roger Dreyfoos

fsjonsey
03-21-2008, 11:12 PM
After the premiere, could this end up on youtube for the masses to enjoy?

Sandy G
03-21-2008, 11:19 PM
Bwaaah ! Me wanna go...

ohohyodafarted
03-21-2008, 11:24 PM
The movie is nearly 8GB of data. Much to big to put on Youtube. However I will be making copies available for those who want one. But not until after the ETF convention. The movie is being burned on 8GB Dual Layer DVD blanks in order to preserve picture quality. The blanks are rather pricy at about $2.50 each. Then there is the cost of a DVD sleeve and mailing supplies and postage, and it takes about 30 minutes to burn each disc. So I am going to ask $8 per copy to derfay my costs of duplication and mailing.

If you would like to reserve a copy send me a PM with your name and email address, and I will get back to you after the convention. thanks for your interest