View Full Version : Old Saba Stereo and Television Console

emery
03-18-2008, 11:09 AM
Hi, my Dad bought a Saba stereo and television console in the 60's while he was stationed in Germany. He still has it, unfortunately both the television and stereo do not work. He worked as a radio technician but was not able to find the tubes needed for the repairs on both the tv and stereo. He is moving into a retirement home and I am looking for a good home for this beautiful console...I am wondering if there is any interest out there in something like this?
Thanks

bgadow
03-18-2008, 11:46 AM
60s console stereos, 60s bw console tv sets-both hard to find homes for. But because this is a German TV, in the US, it is kinda rare, and somebody will want it. Not readily shippable so you have to find someone within driving distance.

emery
03-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the info, do you have any suggestions about where I should post to find a home for this console...I was thinking eBay...I can't think of anyplace else, other than the AudioKarma forums

RetroHacker
03-18-2008, 12:11 PM
You can put an ad in the classifieds section here - they're free for items under $50. The biggest question of course is... where is it? These huge consoles can't be shipped, so you need to find someone local. If you post a couple of pictures and a location to the classifieds here, you can probably find someone to take it and give it a home. Another option would be to list it on Craigslist.

German TV's are kinda unusual in the US. I know I've never seen one.

-Ian

emery
03-18-2008, 12:33 PM
He is in eastern Canada....just north of Maine...so that in itself will pose a problem I don't think there would be much interest in his neck of the woods...
which is too bad because it is a beautiful looking console, and when the stereo was working, wow, what an awesome sound! I had spent many many hours blasting the tunes on that thing!

nasadowsk
03-18-2008, 06:10 PM
Pictures?

I've seen some *amazing* euro consoles and some pretty blah ones. The *amazing* ones, always find a home :)

emery
03-21-2008, 09:54 AM
Here are a couple of pictures of the SABA console, sorry about the quality, my mum took them, she is not so great with focus :)

bkharris
03-21-2008, 10:36 AM
Somebody should try to save this set.