View Full Version : Found a Chromacolor II at the thrift today

fsjonsey
02-22-2008, 06:12 PM
http://jonsey.blogdns.org/img/chromaII1.jpg
I was browsing the Salvation army today and found a late 70's CCII, complete with its original Space command remote, for $12. Brought it home, plugged it in, and everything works, including the motorized tuner and "color sentry" eye. These sets really display a great picture.
FYI, the picture is flipped because I took it with the camera on my macbook.

radiotvnut
02-22-2008, 06:50 PM
That's a very nice find. Your model does not seem to be as common as the older CCII's. Worth $12 and then some! Yes, those sets display as good of a picture as anyone could want. Does yours have a delta gun tube or the newer tripot tube? There were some late CCII that used the System 3 tripot tube. Your set looks like it has the "zoom" feature as well.

3Guncolor
02-22-2008, 10:53 PM
That set should have the inline gun tube. I bought the same model new when I was 17 and worked for a Zenith dealer in 1978. I still have the set in our bedroom and yes it has Zoom. You have a great find I feel it's the last good Zenith set. And at that price even better.. I paid over $400 dealer cost back then and I hate to think what I was getting paid. Please don't let that set get junked.
Steve

fsjonsey
02-22-2008, 11:22 PM
That set should have the inline gun tube. I bought the same model new when I was 17 and worked for a Zenith dealer in 1978. I still have the set in our bedroom and yes it has Zoom. You have a great find I feel it's the last good Zenith set. And at that price even better.. I paid over $400 dealer cost back then and I hate to think what I was getting paid. Please don't let that set get junked.
Steve

Don't worry, thats why I bought it. I figured if it sat long enough at the thrift they'd just toss it. I couldn't let that happen. It's going to become the test bench set down in my shop. i needed a comparison set to look at while doing adjustments.

andy
02-23-2008, 12:59 AM
This is better.