View Full Version : TV and Radio Classifieds now open.

Eric H
02-05-2008, 07:09 PM
http://audiokarma.org/ads/

Please read the rules before posting there.

From this point on anything TV related you are selling or giving away must be posted there.

If it's less than $50 it's free and that probably covers 90% of the stuff we deal with anyway. :yes:

I'm not sure how you do "parts wanted" posts yet but I've asked and will let you know ASAP.

ohohyodafarted
02-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Thank you Eric. I was wondering if it would be possible to add a link to the
"Television and Antique Radio Classifieds"

http://www.audiokarma.org/ads/index.php/cat/48

in the area on the Forums page where the old TV swap forum link used to be.

My reasoning is that if the link is present there, more people are likely to click on it and browse the listings in the classified section.

You know the old saying "out of sight, out of mind" so if people dont see the link to the classifieds, they are unlikely to go there to browse.

Dave A
02-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Does this preclude a post or confirmation in a specific collecting category that a member is selling an item elsewhere without specifically offering it for sale? IE: an answer to a question about a sale.

If so, how should that be handled by a poster?

Dave A

Eric H
02-05-2008, 08:05 PM
I don't know if a link is possible or not but if all the Mods just put a Sticky in their forum we'll all get in the habit of reading them.

Grumpy said he will add a "Wanted" section and those will be free. :yes:

hammr7
05-03-2008, 11:32 AM
I saw an old console TV that is being given away. It is not mine, but might be of interest to AK members. The way I read the rules, it should go in this section. When I try to enter it, I can't without paying $2.00, even though the item is not mine and is free. I'm putting it in dollars & Sense, but it doesn't seem like it should go there. What am I misinterpreting? This can be deleted, but I would appreciate an answer.

Eric H
05-03-2008, 01:16 PM
Hi, in the "Member Classifieds and Partswap" there is a section called "Television and Antique Radio Classifieds" under that heading is "The Swap board"

This is a free area for items less than $50.00, however this primarily is an area to sell your own items.

Dollars and Sense is probably the most correct place to put links to Auctions and Craigs List items (that aren't your own) however you could also put it here in the TV Treasures thread, at least for the time being.