View Full Version : After looking for 10 years! GE arrives!

Eric H
02-01-2008, 12:36 AM
Thanks to Captainmoody I got my long lost GE! :thmbsp:

It's been 30+ years since I last saw my childhood set, a 1959 General Electric, and now I have another just like it plus a factory stand I never had the first time around. Set and stand are in really good shape!

It's a heck of a large tabletop set with a 21" screen, I know why it has two handles on the sides, one on top just wouldn't cut it.

After waiting this long to find it I didn't want to risk it getting broken so I had Craters & Freighters pack it up and ship it, check out the great job of packing they did, it arrived on a pallet in the back of an 18 wheeler! :yes:

It works right now but I'll probably give it a minor tune up, the vertical is a little off but otherwise it looks good.

jpdylon
02-01-2008, 12:50 AM
Great news!

When I had read the captn's post about sets he was selling I was wondering if you'd jump on that one. Glad you got your long lost set. I'm still looking for my 68 admiral.

Can't wait to see it restored and tweaked out. :thmbsp:

Don Lindsly
02-01-2008, 11:39 AM
GE Designer Series. I always liked those TVs. They have a good, sharp, stable picture when working right.

Make sure the American Radionic porcelin cap across the yoke has been replaced.

Dan Starnes
02-01-2008, 01:46 PM
That is just really cool, and am happy for ya Eric.
Dan

freakaftr8
02-01-2008, 04:14 PM
Thats great!! Very nicely packed too! Im still looking for my ctc-39 Console tv.

Tony V
02-01-2008, 05:15 PM
That is awesome! I remember you posting about it when i first discovered the forums we both belong to ages ago. Now that you have it, does it seem the same as you remember?...you know, looks, performance, ect? I've been lucky in the fact that i've found several sets from my childhood along with several radio's, record players, ect. Their replacements seem just as special if not more so now that i have them again. Now since that search is over...what are you going to hunt for now?
-Tony

Tube TV
02-03-2008, 05:33 AM
Great to hear you finally found it .
I have been looking for it up here for you , for a number of years .
Long before I was on AK , I seen it on your site .
It seems to be in good shape too . :thmbsp:

Captain Video
02-03-2008, 07:58 PM
"Craters & Freighters" - does this company also pack and ship stuff to outside the USA?

zenithfan1
02-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Congrats! Eric, Happy to hear you found that set!