View Full Version : TV swap threads gone?

kx250rider
01-29-2008, 12:52 AM
I noticed that sometime between Monday morning and now, the TV for sale/wanted column seems to be gone... Is this a quirk, or has it been moved/abolished?

Charles

Adam
01-29-2008, 12:58 AM
That's weird. I just did a search for stuff I knew was in a thread in that forum, and the individual threads in the swap board come up in the search, and you can look at them, but you can't go backwards and get the whole tv swap forum from the individual threads.

Eric H
01-29-2008, 02:34 AM
It's gone.
Changes are being made, announcements will follow soon I expect.

RetroHacker
01-29-2008, 05:59 AM
Gone?!?
Please tell me that it's not going away forever!

-Ian

kx250rider
01-29-2008, 11:47 AM
I hope that they don't lump it in with the "non-audio classifieds".. Shoot; we'll have to wade through ads for everything from Cadillac hood ornaments to air raid siren motor brushes!

Moderators and admins: Please take this as a vote to maintain a TV forsale/wanted thread.

Charles

ozmoid
01-29-2008, 12:08 PM
I hope that they don't lump it in with the "non-audio classifieds".. I am not privy to the decision-making process, but I think the Admins will treat this forum's members with a bit more respect than that. :yes:

RetroHacker
01-29-2008, 12:18 PM
I think the Admins will treat this forum's members with a bit more respect than that.

Yeah, I would think so (hope so) too. But remember, we're just kinda tacked onto (hidden near the bottom even) an audiophile website. The administrators probably don't think too much of us TV guys. After all we're just a bunch of crazies that don't have HDTV's. :D </sarcasm>

But yeah, I'm hoping that it's just maintenance. Maybe they're going to give our TV swap board a makeover like the audio classifieds?

-Ian

bgadow
01-29-2008, 12:45 PM
I thought "we" had done a decent job of keeping things going well on the board. Lots of friendly exchanges. The list of parts I have posted on there is more up to date than what I have anywhere else. If that gets lost I'll have to dig the hard drive out of my old Windows 98 machine.

kx250rider
01-29-2008, 01:12 PM
I don't think we have a political problem brewing, but if the mods/admins who are doing the changes aren't TV people, it could be that they won't realize the importance of a separate TV classified.

If they want to have all the classified areas in one place, then maybe have one "Classified" main thread, and then several sub-topics within. Maybe separate threads for Tube Audio, Vintage Radio, Ham equipment, Car radios (vintage), TV sets, and Non-collectible audio-video. Also it would be good to separate the Wanted from For Sale ads.

Charles

RetroHacker
01-29-2008, 01:12 PM
Yeah - and wasn't the flyback/yoke cross reference list in there too?

-Ian

zenithfan1
01-29-2008, 01:57 PM
Yeah - and wasn't the flyback/yoke cross reference list in there too?

-Ian

Yes it was. I hope they bring it back, I am new here but I liked things as they were. Change and I don't get along well, just ask my girlfriend!:lmao:

ozmoid
01-29-2008, 01:58 PM
But remember, we're just kinda tacked onto ... an audiophile website.About those "TV" things... they do have *speakers* in them, right? :scratch2: Based on what passes for audio around here sometimes <tongue firmly in cheek>, I'd say that makes you guys more than qualified, Ian. :D

Maybe they're going to give our TV swap board a makeover like the audio classifieds?I believe that is the most likely outcome - to make the TV swap/for sale match the other "for sale" areas of the site, in the member's classifieds.

I have no doubt Grumpy, luvvinvinyl or Negotiableterms will make an official post to clarify what's being done.

RetroHacker
01-29-2008, 03:13 PM
I believe that is the most likely outcome - to make the TV swap/for sale match the other "for sale" areas of the site, in the member's classifieds.

I kinda hope that they don't do that, and just bring it back the way it was. We use that list listing for swapping stuff, giving away or trading stuff, and often for a whole batch of items at once. It also gets used for reference (like the flyback and yoke cross reference listings). I don't see how it would easily fit into the structured form of the member classifieds.

But, maybe that's just me. I don't like change either.

It would have been nice if there would have been some notice, or a user poll or something, to get a general consensus before stuff gets changed around.

Or, we/I could be just getting all worked up over nothing. "Look - it's this mat, that you lay on the floor. It's got all these conclusions, printed on it, that you can _jump_ to."

-Ian

Keefla
01-29-2008, 07:01 PM
I kinda hope that they don't do that, and just bring it back the way it was. We use that list listing for swapping stuff, giving away or trading stuff, and often for a whole batch of items at once. It also gets used for reference (like the flyback and yoke cross reference listings). I don't see how it would easily fit into the structured form of the member classifieds.

But, maybe that's just me. I don't like change either.

It would have been nice if there would have been some notice, or a user poll or something, to get a general consensus before stuff gets changed around.

Or, we/I could be just getting all worked up over nothing. "Look - it's this mat, that you lay on the floor. It's got all these conclusions, printed on it, that you can _jump_ to."

-Ian

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e138/dignonk/office_space.jpg

freakaftr8
01-29-2008, 07:13 PM
Now Milton, pass make sure you pass the cake so everyone can get a piece.... Just pass!

Hmmmm Yeeeaaahhhh,

Yeah, I dont know if it's gone for good if the threads can still be found.... Could be an error on the site. (I hope)

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e138/dignonk/office_space.jpg

zenithfan1
01-30-2008, 09:05 AM
Anyone hear anything yet? Come back swap thread, come back......

Randy Bassham
01-30-2008, 10:59 AM
It seems I had the last post, hope I didn't do anything wrong. All I was asking for was a parts chassis for a CTC-140 RCA....seems innocent enough...

jpdylon
01-30-2008, 11:03 AM
You guys might ask Chad Hauris, drh4683 and Eric H. Since they are the moderators for the television forums they may have some information regarding the changeover.

RetroHacker
01-30-2008, 11:21 AM
So, it was Randy that broke it! Aaack!

Come back swap board... come back... we miss you... We promise we won't let Randy abuse you anymore.... :D

-Ian

Eric H
01-30-2008, 05:22 PM
As I mentioned at the beginning of this thread, changes are being made.

Just stay calm and wait for the announcment, it'll be back just not like it was, might be a little more trouble to find it but we can handle it. :-)

I expect we will have to ante up the $2 to list big stuff just like everyone else, this is only fair after all and helps us earn our keep too.

grumpy
01-30-2008, 06:05 PM
I am going to suggest that everyone who is reading this thread read the rules.
http://audiokarma.org/forumrules.html Most of these are nothing new. You will understand why it is this way.

Also know the decision is not debatable.

Everyone will know what is going on very soon.

if you have questions or concerns please feel free to write me. DO NOT post more threads like this one or they will be deleted.

Thank you
Grumpy