View Full Version : My Latest Find-G.E. 12" B/W AC/DC Performance Television

truetone36
01-07-2008, 07:12 PM
I picked this set up from the curb a couple of weeks ago. The set is complete and in good shape. I know that 12" b/w sets aren't really anything to write home about, but if I see any set over 25 years old, I'll pick it up. There only7 seems to be one issue with this one, I don't have a power cord or adapter for it. The label with the model number has been peeled off at some point, so I don't know what model it is. I do know that it's a X8 chassis and the parts all have late 1977 and early 1978 date codes. there is a 4-pin recepticle for the power cord or adapter. Is a cord still available anywhere for this set? I know that this set is far from being a Space Command or KV-1200, but I'd still like to get it working. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dumont-First with the finest in television.:yes:

bgadow
01-08-2008, 12:55 PM
Sony used a 4 pin cord on ac/dc sets and there was another type commonly seen on police scanners. Offhand, hard to say what GE might have used...picture?

truetone36
01-13-2008, 11:51 AM
At this time I don't have a camera, so I can't take any pics. but I can give a description. there are 2 prongs about 3/4" apart with 2 more about 1/2" apart below them. the top right prong is slightly larger than the rest. the bottom prongs are centered so that an imaginary line drawn would slant inward. I hope this description helps.

truetone36
01-17-2008, 05:51 PM
I just realized that I goofed on the chassis, it's a XB-C chassis. I'm more of a tube t.v. guy than solid state, but I have a weakness for any set over 25 yrs. old, and I couldn't pass it up for the price (curbside fine)