View Full Version : Another one follows me home...

stereofisher
12-21-2007, 06:24 PM
Now that I bought a cool Sanjean AM FM cassette portable,paying more than I wanted to, cassettte portables are showing up. Another one from the landfill. This one is a Samsung W-34 boombox. Cleaned her up, oiled the tuning shaft to loosen up the tuner. Has a little static when its turned on. Probably a cap in the power supply is my guess. Cassettes work-decent radio. Getting too many of these. Sold the Panasonic 8 track on the Bay. Mom says I have too many radios. Oh well.

Eric:music:

jonman
12-21-2007, 07:14 PM
Now that I bought a cool Sanjean AM FM cassette portable,paying more than I wanted to, cassettte portables are showing up. Another one from the landfill. This one is a Samsung W-34 boombox. Cleaned her up, oiled the tuning shaft to loosen up the tuner. Has a little static when its turned on. Probably a cap in the power supply is my guess. Cassettes work-decent radio. Getting too many of these. Sold the Panasonic 8 track on the Bay. Mom says I have too many radios. Oh well.

Eric:music:

I am like you, if it catches my eye and fancy, it is coming home with me. My wife don't understand the portable stuff, but does not bother me about the bigger stuff.

RaymondLeggs
04-16-2008, 06:35 PM
I love big boomboxes :D

I have a Seiko Boombox with dirty pots and a weird speaker problem.