View Full Version : GE/RCA CTC 130A circa 1988 Remote help

Dan Schafer
12-21-2007, 08:38 AM
Hi All
I have an opportunity to get rid of a GE model 8-2548, 25" color TV. It seems to be an RCA with a CTC130A chassis (dated January, 1988). I need the space for my fun stuff, like old Marantz equipment. There is a local Bed & Breakfest that could use it...if it came with a remote control. Well, of course that is missing. I tried an RCA universal remote but the user guide indicates that it is for TV made after 1990 & none of it's program codes worked. How can I keep my eye out for a remote that might work for this TV? Was there universal replacement remotes for TVs of this vintage? What would be the best way to search for one...like on eBay. I don't want to spend money and obtain the wrong remote. Thanks in advance for your 2 cents.
Danny in Cleveland

andy
12-21-2007, 08:58 AM
Any universal will work with that set. RCA used the same codes from the early 80's until at least the early 00's. They may be different now that Thomson is out of the picture.

radiotvnut
12-21-2007, 04:07 PM
I always disregard that 1990 limit on those remotes. They've worked well for me on most IR sets of any age. You could have either a defective remote or the remote receiver in your set may be defective.