View Full Version : 1965 Zenith color TV brochure

drh4683
12-11-2007, 08:28 PM
I found a bunch of zenith literature on ebay about a week ago and it came in the mail yesterday. It was 1965 and 1966 zenith showroom catalogs showing ALL zenith consumer products. These were the large 8.5x11 color photos in the 3 ring binder. I saw a unique photo in one section of the 1965 features brochure. I figured those who appriciate USA made products of the past would appricitate this unique photo of the zenith production line in the background. This photo appears to be taken at the dickens ave plant. (which is where my avatar photo was taken a few months ago) That chassis you see on the left is most certianly a 25MC33 for the '65 roundies. As for what the women are building, Id say they are AM FM stereo chassis' for the consoles. Notice the boxes in back all look the same. Looks like the women simply grab a peice right out of the box as needed. Those white boards must be wiring diagrams as well. This is the only photo Ive ever seen of the zenith production line.

compucat
12-12-2007, 07:55 AM
My set uses that chassis. Who knows, one of the girls in that picture might have helped assembly my set.

gtojudge
12-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Nice find Doug!...I'll have to dig out the slide I have that pictures my family's 1965 Zenith, whose model name I have been trying to identify for a while, and have it scanned and post it here. Maybe then I can finally put to bed my search for this info (with your gracious help, of course!)...

compucat
12-13-2007, 07:05 AM
I'd like to know the model name of my set too. I miss the days when TVs and radios had model names as well as numbers.

old_tv_nut
12-15-2007, 07:52 PM
Thanks for posting, Doug

Carmine
12-17-2007, 08:09 PM
Thanks for posting, Doug

I enjoyed that as well. Would love to see what styles they offered that year.