View Full Version : Anyone have info on a Sylvania 25lc1 Tv's?

zenith2134
11-04-2007, 10:53 PM
Hi someone has one locally for my consideration and I really wanted to see what everyone here at this forum had to say about these sets. I look forward to (any) information anyone's got. Thanks in advance

EDIT: I meant 25CL1...title is incorrect, sorry.

bgadow
11-05-2007, 07:02 PM
You had the number about right the first time. I think it is the 25LC10 series; that was the closest I saw in the Sams index. This is the D02 chassis; early versions are in Sams 821, later ones in 908. The time period is 66-67. I happen to have one, which I just started playing with recently. Mine is missing the tuner assy, but another member found one; when it gets here I'll see what I can do with it. Doesn't appear to be a bad set overall-these are not RCA clones but are a Sylvania design. All of their sets I've worked on from that time period have PC traces that will lift if you just wave your soldering iron at them (or it seems that way). Veg-O-Matic had one from this era as well, but not sure how close it was to this series. His had a good picture. I had another similiar model back in the early 90s and it was a good playing set. Kinda rare compared to the typical RCA/Zenith finds.

zenith2134
11-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Thanks! You are right the seller says its a 1967. I like the fact that its a Sylvania design also. I am wondering if this thing will fit in a car though, aren't these massive consoles >?

bgadow
11-06-2007, 12:18 PM
The one I have is the el cheapo version, a gray metal table model. A real hulk. You might have to be real creative to fit a console version in a car (and have some strong backs) Someone recently mentioned a cheap rental truck available from Home Depot; could check that out? Sylvania had a mini-console with a smaller crt (that's what the one I used to have was) but I suspect the 25 in the model # probably means 25".

Chad Hauris
11-06-2007, 07:47 PM
It depends on the type of car...I have experience with Grand Marquis and a Toyota Corolla hatchback station wagon and both will carry a full sized console TV.
In the Toyota you could even sometimes get two consoles in!
I got one of probably these same types of Sylvania consoles last year at a garage sale and got it into a Grand Marquis trunk by myself but it was tough lifiting it in and out. Did not have truck available at the time.

A Minivan, SUV, etc would be ideal as the load would be covered and there would not be too much room for it to move around (yet should be enough to haul it).
In a modern sedan or coupe I would say no, though.

zenith2134
11-06-2007, 08:00 PM
I have a 2002 Nissan Maxima, so probably not in the back seat, and definitely not in the trunk. Still want to get that 1977 Olds Ninety Eight... Nice 350 motor and plenty of room

Whatever, the guy never emailed me back anyway...

Findm-Keepm
11-06-2007, 08:59 PM
In the Toyota you could even sometimes get two consoles in!

In todays Camrys, you can get three bodies in the trunk.......:smshot:

zenith2134
11-07-2007, 08:22 AM
Hmm maybe I CAN fit these.. well, in my quest to find some nice console's, someone has informed me they have an RCA Victor 21VF8696 , but I am clueless as to what this tv could be-- At least I got a model number, but no info on the net whatsoever.

bgadow
11-09-2007, 11:40 AM
The RCA is a 21" bw set from about 1958; found in Sams 403-3. I don't have a copy but I suspect this set is a very typical fifties TV.

Keefla
11-09-2007, 10:52 PM
In todays Camrys, you can get three bodies in the trunk.......:smshot:

And the reliability you need to get those bodies to the pier without breakdowns!:smoke: