View Full Version : Empty TV stands

andy
11-02-2007, 07:00 PM

kx250rider
11-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Matter of fact, there are a few on eBay right now with matching stands (look like consoles when together.) What you DON'T see often is aftermarket cheap aluminum & cardboard stands. I'd like to find some, but they aren't around anymore.

Charles

drh4683
11-03-2007, 02:03 PM
I see this all the time. The TV stand is just sitting there with nothing on it. You can tell most of them were for some kind of 60's TV, most likely a color set if its a larger cart. Its very rare to actually see the original TV with the original cart.
The latest set Ive found with its original cart was that '73 sharp color set. In april, I found a zenith 4 tube hybrid in its orignal cart which is rare. Before that, I cant remember how long its been.

A couple weeks ago I found a cart for a late 60's motorola color set and grabbed it.

Alot of times, I pick up the large TV carts as they were for color sets. Last year I found an empty TV cart that was for an RCA table color set. Glad I saved it as it was a perfect fit for my 23" CTC-31 table set which was lacking a cart.

Its certianly a rare occurance to find that nice original set with the stand. Keep going to those estates though. You never know what you might find.

Thyratron
11-07-2007, 12:01 AM
I saw a '71-ish 12" Trinitron a few weeks ago with its original stand, not to mention original manual, warranty card, earphone, and Sony screen-dusting cloth(!). I thought it over, but ended up leaving without it, mostly due to lack of space. Now I'm kind of wishing I picked it up!