View Full Version : Your 2004 TV wishes

Big Dave
12-31-2003, 10:02 PM
I decided to post this here at risk of getting dinged. Let's combine equipment and programming wishes.

EQUIPMENT:

CT-100, Westinghouse, or any 15GP22 based set, preferably with a good 15G.

CTC-5, 7, 9, or any 21AXP22 based set.

Any round color sets that need a home.

Any round BW sets that need a home.

A round Halli like the one I scored recently (and slow started today). This one needs work... serious work (the vendor I bought it from plugged it in). That would give me identical round and rectangular Halli's.

a 12LP4 for a Philco 50T-1403? I scored earlier this year.

Did I mention roundies?:D

PROGRAMMING:

I want the reality TV craze to die.

Less crap and more quality.

Shows with intelligent writing being the norm, not the exception.

OTHER:

To be a homeowner around summertime (fat chance).

For our collections to continue to grow in 2004.

Best to all for 2004.

Kamakiri
12-31-2003, 10:46 PM
You and I should get together sometime....I really have to make room around here (hint hint ;) )

Charlie
01-01-2004, 02:14 AM
Getting more sets is not exactly my wish... in many cases they are somewhat easy to come by. My wish is to have more room to put more sets... and I'm sure you guys all know exactly where I'm coming from!!!

veg-o-matic
01-01-2004, 09:12 PM
My wish is to finally get the Zenith roundie from Doug that I bought....dang, I can't even remember how long ago! It's been an uphill battle and Doug's been blessedly patient--far more so than I!

I'd also like to find a base-model RCA Sweet 16 sitting in my house. Sentimental reasons, dontcha know.

I also wish to refrain from bidding on Doug's NOS DuMont that he's got up on Ebay. I keep telling myself that I don't need it. Of course, I want it...

And I wish that all of you find peace and prosperity this year.

Bob

Tony V
01-02-2004, 12:34 AM
My want list is:

Another RCA or Zenith roundie,

I also want one of the first rectangular floor model color sets (Zenith preffered but RCA or others will be fine) from around 1965 or 66.

Hopefully i'll find one of these one of these days and within driving distance from here in central VA. I had to drive almost 300 miles for my RCA color roundie combo for which i still need a schematic for (ctc 12).

BTW Big Dave...i have a 12LP4 that you might want be interested in but the socket on the neck is completely disconnected from the tube. The socket and all the wires that go into the socket are intact and filiments show continuity and has good getters but I havent tried to attach the socket back onto the neck. A booster wasnt attached to the set so it should still be good, probably just asleep as it hasnt been fired up in years. I bought two Philcos like yours and just combined the better chassis and CRT of the two to make one good restorable set so i have lots of extra parts for this particular one.

Tony

Big Dave
01-02-2004, 11:54 AM
I could use that 12LP4, since reattaching the socket shouldn't be a problem. I also need a VHF tuner knob (it is missing on mine). PM me for price and shipping info.

Steve D.
01-02-2004, 12:14 PM
Getting my RCA-CTC-5 up and running.

Also getting myself up and running and lose 15lbs.

And finally wishing that the City of Los Angeles would cut back their trees in front of my house (like they promised) so I can install a dish and kiss my cable company, Adelphia, goodbye:uzi:

wa2ise
01-02-2004, 11:34 PM
As for quality of programming, get a DVD player. And to make it play into old TV sets, I salvaged a TV RF modulator from a dead VCR and installed inside the DVD player. If all your sets are B&W, just feed the modulator the Luma signal from the Svideo jack. If it's a vintage color set, do some prefiltering of the Luma and Chroma from the Svideo jack to minimize the cross luma cross chroma crosstalk. See filtering discussion and diagrams here (http://www.area450.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2091)
Some Sampo and Apex (not all though) can disable the Microvision if that might bother your TV sets. Seethe area450 web page here (http://www.area450.com/) for more info.

andy
01-04-2004, 11:34 PM