View Full Version : A must for vintage TV collectors!

Charlie
12-21-2003, 02:21 AM
Found something kinda neat at Radio Shack (yes I was desperate) to get my parents for Christmas. This is really cool, handy, and seems to work great! Some of you may have seen these.

It was a 2.4 GHz wireless audio/video "Signal Sender" that looked interesting. It's Radio Shack Cat #15-2572. The man told me it was great for any sections of the house that weren't wired for cable, and could be moved easily. I decided to get this for my parents because they have satellite TV upstairs, but not downstairs. The receiver/transmitter cost 100 bucks.

After thinking about it further, I decided I wanted one as well. I recently got cable, but my house just has cable in the living room. I got it all hooked up (took about 10 minutes) and it works great! I can even use the remote control for the living room in the bedroom. My set in the bedroom now plays as if cable is connected to it.

This set up opens the door for lots of options for us TV guys. It could be used in the garage, basement, shop, or where ever you do your TV work to get you a wireless cable connection. Or, the receiver part of it could be easily moved within minutes to any vintage set you have in the house. The units work up to 100 feet away from each other, so this can pretty much be used anywhere on your property (for instance if your shop is out in the back yard somewhere).

I assume that places such as Best Buy probably have similar units, and likely cost a little less than RS. If any of you guys have one of these setups, you know what I'm saying about being convenient! I would think any of us vintage TV freaks would definitely see the advantage of this... and they also make great last-minute gift ideas!