View Full Version : Old TV series I watch on my old stuff

Dan Starnes
08-10-2007, 09:25 PM
I have collected 2 complete series of dvd's. Route 66 that I watch an episode every Friday nite, and Fury which I watch every Saturday morning. Then on Saturday nite, unless I go to a cruise in, I watch Lawrence Welk on PBS. (I love Music). Just wondering what you watch on your old tv's?
Dan

polaraman
08-10-2007, 09:56 PM
MUNSTERS! Need I say more!!!!

Late Saturday evening a local TV station plays two episodes of the original Twilight Zone in B/W. They actually have a host to intro the episodes! How often do you see that on TV today?

polaraman

old_tv_nut
08-10-2007, 10:22 PM
MUNSTERS! Need I say more!!!!

They actually have a host to intro the episodes!

polaraman

You are IN the twilight zone!

polaraman
08-11-2007, 12:12 AM
YEP! Last weeks episode was Once Upon A Time with Buster Keaton! I wasn't born yet by five years and almost to the day the episode aired on December 15, 1961.

http://www.scifilm.org/tv/tz/twilightzone3-13.html

polaraman

Carmine
08-11-2007, 02:58 PM
Late Saturday evening a local TV station plays two episodes of the original Twilight Zone in B/W. They actually have a host to intro the episodes! How often do you see that on TV today?

polaraman

Oh what I wouldn't give for a "real" local TV channel that did that kinda stuff. We get multi-hour blocks of shitty WB sitcoms, or infomercials! :thumbsdn:

Adam
08-12-2007, 07:39 AM
I watch a lot of old shows from the 60s and 70s, actually that's nearly all I ever watch. I watch a lot of the Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, the Night Gallery, the Alfred Hitchcock Hour and that type of stuff, or space and time travel programs like the original Star Trek, Lost in Space, the Time Tunnel, or detective shows like the Rockford Files, Hawaii-5-0 or sometimes I go in for some less serious stuff like Bewitched, Green Acres, Andy Griffith. That's nowhere near a complete list just what came into my head at the moment, I like most all of what was on TV in the 1960s, some of what was on in the 70s and early 80s, not so much after that. I'm not very familiar with what was on in the 1950s and earlier, as it never seems to show up on TV anymore like the 60s and later stuff does. Much of this stuff you can get over the air here on ch 56, otherwise I just watch DVDs. Watching ch 56 on VHF only sets, I'm probably the only guy around still using a UHF converter on a regular basis.

I usually try to match up the age of the show with the age of the set. Early color stuff on roundies, 50s or 60s b/w stuff on b/w sets, 70s stuff on rectangular color or later model b/w sets. Although sometimes I just watch whatever I'm going to watch if it's in color on my '63 Philco because I like watching roundies. I almost never watch a b/w program on a color set, but I often do the reverse and watch color programs on b/w sets. But I was just thinking when I finally sort out the sound problems with my 721TS, what would I watch on it. Anybody know what was on TV in '47 (or even the early 50s, as I imagine some of these sets would still have been in service by then) that is available today?