View Full Version : REM CRT Tester

Ampico-kid
03-20-2007, 11:00 AM
Years ago I worked at a place that installed and serviced hospital TV's. That was around 1975, and I recall they bought a brand new REM CRT testing unit (CRU-1) and everyone there loved it. I had occasion to use it as well and I also thought it was GREAT. I always thought if the opportunity arose, I'd like to get one for my own use.

I picked one (REM CRU-1) up on Ebay a few weeks back that was in kind of rough shape. I've cleaned it up and replaced a few damaged parts, but I've got my doubts that it's working properly. It has a "Test" adaptor with it, but I don't know the procedure for using it. I did plug the test adaptor into the CRT socket and I get needle movement of about 40% on one of the gun meters, around 50% on the second, and the third is much lower, probably around 25% or a little less.

I was wondering if anyone knows what the test procedure might be for this "test adaptor" ???

I have the owners manual and it makes mention of the adaptor but doesn't mention anything about how to use it or how to interpret the results of it's reading on the unit.

I'm guessing that by plugging the test adaptor into the CRT socket all of the meters are supposed to deflect equally to a specific value. If that's the case, what is the value? The meters can only be as accurate as their calibration.

Any insight or guidance would be most appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Bob