View Full Version : New Zenith round color

Chad Hauris
10-15-2003, 06:19 AM
Last Friday I got a call from a friend who know I like TV's. He said there were some old TV's at a garage sale. I think "OK, I'll look at them sometime today". Then he said there was a Zenith, and said "the screen is almost round" and that it was $5.00. Then I rushed right out to get it!

It has a 21FBP22 and the tube is in great shape...color is as good as on a modern set. I just had to adjust the vert. height., focus, and buzz controls. Only problem is there is some dust inside the safety glass; apparently it is detachable (never tried).

The Space command functions do not work at all though. The space command connection cable was lying against the HV connector when I opened it up, so maybe the transistors got fried by the HV.

rca2000
10-15-2003, 08:06 AM
C'mon, we MUST have pictures of the INSIDE!! We need to know what chassis it is.That looks like a pre-1964 model. Maybe like my '62 29jcc0?

GREAT find!!

Rob
10-15-2003, 08:36 AM
Chad,

Congrats. You found a really early Zenith and it is way cool looking too! The fact that it works is such a bonus too! Yes please do post inside pics.

Rob
10-15-2003, 08:53 AM
Chad,

Here is a picture of my Zenih Space command remote color set. It has the same control panels and also apparently the same cabinet corner leg pieces but the bezel around the CRT is shaped differently, like the two slightly newer Zenith round colors I have.
I think this CRT bezel is a giveaway clue as to the early nature of your set.

Oh BTW, mine is a SC 400. I have the remote.

Chad Hauris
10-15-2003, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the compliments! I'm doing these photos the old fashioned way, that is, take the film photos and have them run off to a CD by the film developer...will try to get some inside shots and more info. soon. Also please look at the TV gallery, I uploaded a lot of photos to it.