View Full Version : kuba komet tv questions? how rare to have this tv in the states??

kuba komet
02-11-2007, 05:19 PM
well i just reg on here to see if anyone has any info to share on this rare tv set.i rem seeing this when i was just a little kid remined me of a sail boat lol.well my aunt has had since the 60s her partner bought off a serviceman back in 62 i think it was. she has had me researching and well i see this tv is pretty much a nice collector piece thanks for reading and hope this thread get's some action thanks alot greg.......:thmbsp:

Eric H
02-11-2007, 06:06 PM
I don't know any actual figures but I would guess very rare here!

kuba komet
02-11-2007, 06:14 PM
from what i read does not look like alot of these are here in united states.trying to learn as much as possible on the kuba......

rld-tv01
02-11-2007, 07:47 PM
The Early Television Museum in Hilliard Ohio has one on display. You have to have a large living room to have this TV.

http://www.earlytelevision.org/kuba.html

Sandy G
02-11-2007, 08:09 PM
I still say these things are really advance scouts for an alien invasion-They were meant to be placed in the homes of important people, whom they would impale on those large spikes when the hapless owners least suspected it....Now, where did I put my Tin-Foil hat ?.....

kuba komet
02-11-2007, 08:14 PM
The Early Television Museum in Hilliard Ohio has one on display. You have to have a large living room to have this TV.

http://www.earlytelevision.org/kuba.html

oh yeah big set u need plenty of room .....i am researching to help her sell to the right person.....:thmbsp: i dont think there are very many in the united states...... and what i seen one sold for 7300.00 or so.......

kuba komet
02-11-2007, 08:16 PM
I still say these things are really advance scouts for an alien invasion-They were meant to be placed in the homes of important people, whom they would impale on those large spikes when the hapless owners least suspected it....Now, where did I put my Tin-Foil hat ?.....

yeah i found this site i searched kuba komet and this site came up with a post on the jetsons are selling their tv lol........ :D

Steve McVoy
02-11-2007, 09:24 PM
I know of 4 in the U. S., one in Canada. There are probably only about the same number in Europe. It is a mystery to me that so many of the surviving sets are in North America.

kuba komet
02-11-2007, 09:37 PM
I know of 4 in the U. S., one in Canada. There are probably only about the same number in Europe. It is a mystery to me that so many of the surviving sets are in North America.

so we might make number 5 huh....wow i thought these were extra rare well #5 would be awesome...:thmbsp:

hposter
02-12-2007, 08:29 AM
There are more 'floating' about then indicated!

I found a buyer for one last year, in the state of Washington, and there's another in the Metro area. New York and California were perfect places for these. When they end up in Mid-Century design homes and shows, they do not get noticed by TV collectors.

Although there's a reference to $7,300 these actually retail around $3,500 to $4,500. If you are lucky enough to find the reference, one sold on ebay a year or two ago, for about $4,000--it had 2 real bidders I seem to remember. I had done research on the $7,300 price, and it was a quirk.

These usually turn up in great condition, sometimes even working (!), with a split or two in the wood. I guess if you cold afford one, and had room for it, you didin't toss it into the basement with a pile of old books--the damn things are livingroom wall sized.

Steve McVoy
02-12-2007, 08:39 AM
I don't usually disagree with Harry, but I think the $7,000 price is more in line with the market. One sold on a German auction site last year for $8,000, and there have been two sales in the U.S. in the last two years between $6,000 and $8,000 that I am aware of.

Dynacophil
02-12-2007, 09:22 AM
http://www.tv-yesterday.de/50erbig/komet.htm
http://www.tvhistory.tv/Kuba-Komet.htm

Jack Lord
02-12-2007, 09:28 AM
It is a mystery to me that so many of the surviving sets are in North America.

Perhaps they were bought by American GIs stationed in then West Germany and were brought back.

Steve McVoy
02-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Jack:

I think you are right on. I know that two of these sets came over that way.

kuba komet
02-12-2007, 12:01 PM
I don't usually disagree with Harry, but I think the $7,000 price is more in line with the market. One sold on a German auction site last year for $8,000, and there have been two sales in the U.S. in the last two years between $6,000 and $8,000 that I am aware of.

i hope so my aunt would be happy to get that for the kuba.....:D i will have some pics sunday to share i am heading down to get all specifics on the particular model we have in our possesion like i said she has had since 1962 or so.......:thmbsp:

roundscreen
02-12-2007, 07:13 PM

:lmao: Tin-foil hat.

kuba komet
02-13-2007, 08:35 PM
anyone else.....have any info......:thmbsp:

Steve McVoy
02-13-2007, 10:58 PM
If you want to sell the set, the best way is to list it on Ebay under the category Collectibles> Radio, Phonograph, TV, Phone> Television Sets

Aage
02-13-2007, 11:06 PM
heck, it could cost a thousand or more just to pack and ship that sucker...

kuba komet
02-14-2007, 07:21 AM
If you want to sell the set, the best way is to list it on Ebay under the category Collectibles> Radio, Phonograph, TV, Phone> Television Sets

yeah i am a very very active ebay seller since 03 with over 400 plus transactions.....i just wanted to see what everyone had to share about this item.........:D

kuba komet
02-14-2007, 07:36 AM

and thanks steve for category i have never sold a collectible tv.....i thought everyone would be loving a post on these crazy tv sets....:thmbsp:

kuba komet
02-14-2007, 07:43 AM
heck, it could cost a thousand or more just to pack and ship that sucker...

yeah be alot but prob way lower but this would be very shipable item!!!!!!:thmbsp:

yagosaga
02-14-2007, 08:14 AM
Photos, documents and informations are available on the website of the Kuba-Museum in Wolfenbuettel, my neigboring place:

http://www.kuba-museum.de/index.html

Eckhard

kuba komet
02-14-2007, 07:48 PM
Photos, documents and informations are available on the website of the Kuba-Museum in Wolfenbuettel, my neigboring place:

http://www.kuba-museum.de/index.html

Eckhard

kuba komet
02-15-2007, 09:19 PM
anyone else i thought this would keep going out here.........:yippy:

kuba komet
02-17-2007, 09:13 AM
:sadwave: :sadwave: :sadwave: :sadwave:

okay i guess this thread is over........thanks to all that replied:thmbsp: