View Single Post
Old 04-30-2024, 11:44 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luRaichu View Post
I seriously doubt the board is broken, as the picture was perfect pre-recap.
You clearly had issues or you wouldn't have been recapping anything. But even so, problems can get worse or become less intermittent when you work on thing or have it on for longer. Just moving stuff around and (more importantly) heating things up has a tendency to make problems come out.

Quote:
If it were fractured, how the flinkerjub would I begin repairing such a fault?
You would bridge over the traces with wire, or solder bodge wires to restore continuity to the broken trace(s).

I'm not suggesting that it's the most likely problem, but it's a possible problem that should be fairly easy to check out with a multimeter.

Quote:
And I sure wonder how'd you go about fixing a bad waveform. Actually, I think it might be worth it to buy the full Sams' for this TV, considering all the problems we're wading through.
You would take the bad waveform as evidence that the circuit is pooched in that particular area of the board and start testing components connected to it. Some people are good enough to know what is likely wrong just from that, but I would have to just test stuff mostly. If the waveform originates from an IC and not a group of discrete components, it might be a sign of a bad IC, and it is usually possible to lift things out of the circuit and test the output of the IC removed from any possible shorts or loads and see if it's good or not.

Quote:
About the H disable circuit - I'm seriously stumped as to why it's being activated. Hopefully our lord and savior Sams' shall yield thy answers...
I wouldn't know. Hopefully one of these other oldbies can't point you right. My level of troubleshooting is "okay," and I can generally figure stuff out if it's right in front of my face and I'm working on it.